Monday, October 26, 2009

PJ's Bistro at Manitou Springs, Colorado

The vegan and I were in Manitou Springs to watch the Emma Crawford Coffin races. We were both hungry (one of us was even more hungry!) so we found a small cafe called PJ's Bistro. The Bistro is a Hungarian restaurant serving Perogi and Potato Pancakes amongst other offerings. I am always looking for great Potato Pancakes, so I ordered them with sour cream and applesauce. The pancakes are some of the best I have had in a great while. The pancakes were well formed, tasty with a nice spicy touch. My wife decided to have a grilled vegetable sandwich, without onions. She also asked for pickles. Her sandwich was very good, filled with lots of veggies (mushrooms, red peppers, and more.) The side of fries were also tasty, although they did not taste of being fresh cut. The service was very attentive even though there was quite a crowd of people in the area. If you are in Manitou Springs (where the motto is keep Manitou weird), stop in to PJ's Bistro for some nice food and Hungarian specialties. I think the next time I am there, I will try the Perogis. PJ's is right on Manitou Ave near the downtown part of Manitou. The restaurant overlooks the staging area for the coffin races.

No comments: